Nutrition is use of foods to maintain growth and life and to protect the health. Insufficient and imbalanced nutrition is a direct cause for some diseases and an indirect cause for some other diseases.
The purpose of our Nutrition and Diet Polyclinic is to teach healthy nutrition or to be able to provide a behavioral change in nutrition for individuals with any health condition.
After required tests are performed, a healthy diet program specific to the individual is arranged by considering working and social conditions.
The Nutrition and Diet Unit which prepares a personal nutrition plan tries to teach a balanced and correct nutrition and solves problems by increasing life quality via behavioral changes. In the first examination; nutritional behaviors of the individuals are reviewed in detail and body fat, muscle, water ratios and fat distribution of the patients or individuals who want to get a nutritional consultancy are detected; then “a personal diet therapy” is planned through age, gender, body length, physical activity and blood test findings and these are followed regularly.
Personal nutrition programs created for patients with different characteristics are:
- Malnutrition (excessive thinness and insufficient nutrition)
- Diabetic Diet (Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes, Reactive Hypoglycemia)
- Nutrition in Kidney Diseases
- Nutrition in Liver Diseases
- Nutrition in Cardiovascular Diseases (Cholesterol, Hypertension)
- Nutrition in babyhood, Childhood- Adolescent Period
- Nutrition During pregnancy and Lactation
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa)
- Nutrition for Sportsmen