General internal diseases department creates a basis for all clinical departments. Majority of the patients who refer to healthcare organizations have conditions within field of internal diseases.
This discipline includes a wide scale such as upper and lower respiratory tract diseases, hypertension, gastrointestinal diseases, kidney diseases, thyroid diseases, diabetes, rheumatic diseases.
Furthermore, internal diseases branch includes ambulatory examination, follow-up and treatment by hospitalization and check-up.
Which diseases are included in field of Internal Diseases?
- Diabetes mellitus
- Liver and Gall Bladder Diseases
- Endocrinology (Diseases of thyroid, surrenal glands and hypophysis)
- Metabolic diseases and obesity (cholesterol, triglyceride elevations, Gout disease, other metabolic diseases)
- Digestive system diseases (ulcer, gastritis, reflux disease, colitis)
- Diagnosis and treatment of anemia and hematologic diseases